Sweet nothing

Saturday, January 30, 2016

I never thought it would be you. 
I never thought I would be staying up until 3 in the morning crying over someone I thought would be with me in the long run. Out of all of the people in my life, I never expected you to be the one to destroy me. I felt so close to you, I opened up my heart and my soul to you, and you scribbled all over it like a child coloring in a coloring book. I let you in and I let you know all of my secrets and stories and memories and you took them all and burned them. Who knew that love could turn someone into a monster. Of course it’s not 100% your fault.. I should’ve known from the start that a stupid teenage boy was capable of breaking my fragile teenage heart. Mom warned me about drugs and alcohol, but never heartbreak or falling in love. Hell maybe drinking a bottle of vodka out of sadness and waking up with a hangover from hell still won’t hurt as bad as you saying you couldn’t love me back. You don’t get it. I gave you everything I was, and I was so willing to give you everything I was going to be, but you didn’t want that and I was too in love with you to realize it. 486 days later and I’m still wishing I could kiss you just once so you’d know exactly what you lost. And oh how your mouth would burn every time you heard my name, and how you’d stay up for days depressed because you let the only girl who loved you more than you loved yourself go. Because truth be told, I’m still madly in love with you, but you’ll never know because you’re just a teenage boy. I still miss you and you’ll always hold a place in my heart. I know I should hate you, and maybe I do.. But like they say, love conquers all.


You broke me into pieces and I had to pick them up myself, but 486 days later I’d let you tear me apart again if it meant hearing you say my name one last time. You stole my heart from the very beginning and maybe I was stupid for thinking it was going to be you and me in the end. After all, we’re only high school kids drunk on the idea that love can mend our broken pieces back together. I know I shouldn’t, but I want to come back to you, and I want you to fix me, but you can’t go back and expect to be fixed by the same person who broke you. You’re beautiful to the eye, but poison to the heart and I think I’m in love with you because you’re a beautiful piece of art, constructed from memories and stories… Each so unique and complex, just like you, my ever so sweet nothing. I’ll forever be in love with you, but I’ve found the peace within myself to let you go because you are nothing but poison to my heart, my mind and my soul and therefore I’m letting you go. 
Forever/never yours,
- klwt


Twitter: @weitongx
Instagram: @weitongx
Email: weitongg@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts