How does it feels like to be single.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

It has been quite awhile, just a short update,

It took me a very long time for me to get to this place. This feeling of being ok without somebody beside me. This feeling of actually loving life when i'm not in a committed relationship. This feeling of being ok with me just being me.

I love being single. I love the fact that i don't have to worry about anybody but myself. I love that i have more freedom than i had at fourteen, sixteen or eighteen. I love the fact that i can be on my own and be incredibly happy with just myself. I love having girls night out and not drunk crying about a dumb boy breaking up with me, or about a boyfriend who moved on too quickly.

I love feeling so incredibly free.

But just because i love being single, doesn't mean i never feel lonely. It doesn't mean that on some nights it hits me that i haven't been in love for a long time. It doesn't mean that on some days, i look at couples across from me and think to myself, 'damn, i want that' .

I am independent and strong and i love my life the way it is. But,  that does not mean that i don't want love. And that doesn't mean that i don't ever worry about not finding it.

You can be independent and happily single, while also wishing that you can have a deep and loyal lover. You can be strong and be brave, while also occasionally thinking to yourself that you wouldn't mind having someone sleeping beside you every night.

You see, being single is often linked to not being good enough for someone else. But being single is the perfect opportunity for you to improve yourself , to discover your passions in life, to find out the reason for the beating of your heart, and to know who you are.

~ Thanks for sticking by xx ~


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts